The History and Philosophy of Geography Research Group (HPGRG) invites applications to sponsor sessions at this year’s RGS-IBG annual conference. Sessions should address topics relating to contemporary philosophies, theories and methods related to geography and/or the history and philosophy of geography and associated fields. We welcome suggestions for creative formats.
The Royal Geographical Society (RGS) conference will take place from Tuesday August 30 to Friday September 2 at Newcastle University. The 2022 Conference Chair is Professor Rachel Pain of Newcastle University, on the theme Geographies Beyond Recovery: see https://www.rgs.org/research/annual-international-conference/. The conference is planned to involve in-person, hybrid, and online-only elements.
Please submit your proposals for panel sponsorship by Tuesday 15 February, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal should include:
- Title of session
- Name, affiliation, and contact details for session convenors
- Session Abstract (up to 300 words)
- How many sessions you are applying for sponsorship for (max. 2)
- Whether you wish to apply for co-sponsorship with another research group
- Format of the session (see the RGS/IBG guidance here: https://www.rgs.org/research/annual-international-conference/call/conference-session-formats/)
Please note that details of the individual papers in the session are not required at this point.
We will notify applicants of the committee’s decision as soon as possible afterwards, no later than February 24th. Final details of the session, including details of the authors, titles and abstracts of all the papers, must be submitted by March 20th.
Please note that any sessions sponsored by the HPGRG will require the session organizers to provide a short (200-300 word) summary of what happened in their sessions for inclusion in the HPGRG annual newsletter.